Monday 28 February 2011

Baby Bedding

I've taken a break from sewing clothes to work on my girls' room. I hope to create a calm, simple, cozy and feminine room.

I purchased a vintage coverlet for Scarlett from a local flee market. This became my inspiration for the entire room.

For my baby's crib, I needed to find baby bedding to match, and decided simple white chenille bumpers would look best. However, my search for chenille bumpers was futile and so I made my own. They really were not too hard, especially when you purchase these
bumper fillers.

For the crib skirt, I cut a rectangle, from the chenille, and sewed elastic along the upper border. I used adhesive elastic on the frame of the crib so it would just stick right on. Super simple! The pom-poms, on the bedskirt, were white and I dyed them, along with the curtains to make a perfect color match.

Mobile is from HERE on etsy. I mailed a sample of the exact yellow I wanted the mobile in and she matched it beautifully. I know am now looking for some simple wall art... and I'll be DONE.

Suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment