Friday 11 June 2010

Nesting

I've been busy nesting here for Baby Girl #2.

I recently made a car seat tent to keep her sleeping well and sick strangers a little further away. I love it but I it is a bit too long on the sides. Unfortunately, the rick rack trim would be a nightmare to redo if I shortened it so I'm keeping it the way it is.


Full photo step-by-step tutorial found here: http://www.vanillajoy.com/diy-car-seat-cover.html

Super easy! The only changes I made were to add the trim and make the velcro tabs instead of ties.

I also made new nursing cover. Again, these are a no-brainer to sew. The secret is to use right type of boning. Rigilene Sew-Thru Boning is the only brand I would go with. The other brands do not work well. It can be hard to find but I can always find it at Hancock's Fabrics and on Etsy.

A full step-by-step tutorial is given by 'Made by the Mama Monster' here:

The only changes I made was to shorten both straps a bit.

Now, I just need to make the bedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment