Friday 30 April 2010

The Sunshine Skirt!

After making the can-can skirt for Emily, I just had to make one for little Scarlett. I decided to use summer yellows and oranges, like sunshine. It seemed like an appropriate way to kick off summer.

I love the Can-Can skirt pattern. It's so easy and flexible. Purchase it HERE. Consider it a crucial sewing investment for those with little girls.

It turned out a little big but I decided to just let her grow into it. I swear the only photos she will stand still for are the ones with that finger up her nose!

After making the skirt, I saw it against black and it suddenly resembled candy corn.

I had no idea that the summer skirt I was making would transition into her Halloween costume this October. I was multi-tasking without knowing it! Imagine it with orange tights, a white turtle neck and white coned hat. Perfect, huh? Now I just need another costume for our new baby girl, that will join us in September. Another Halloween candy would be prefect. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment